Houston Car Accident Injury Attorneys
Caring for People in Houston, Texas
A car accident can change your life in the blink of an eye. One moment, you’re on top of the world. The next, you’ve suffered serious injuries that cause months or even years of impairment and pain and suffering. Medical bills are piling up. You can’t go to work. And your injuries are hurting your relationships with family, friends, and loved ones.
Healing from injuries caused by a car accident is never easy. The stress of dealing with a difficult and unhelpful insurance company makes things even worse. That’s where we come in.
At Rosen Law Group, we understand that no one wants to be involved in a car accident. Let us shoulder some of your burden. We can help you recover the benefits you deserve.
If you or someone you care about was involved in a car accident in or around Houston, Texas, Rosen Law Group is here to help. Our lawyers handle car accident cases on a contingency fee, which means we don’t get paid unless you do.
Rosen Law Group — Personal Attention. Powerful Results.
We start by identifying the other driver and their insurance company. Then we gather evidence to prove that he or she was at fault. This may include police reports, witness statements, photographs of the scene of the collision, your vehicle, and the other cars that were involved in the crash.
To prove damages, we will gather evidence including:
- Hospital and other medical records
- Medical bills
- Imaging Studies such as CT-scans, MRIs and X-Rays
- Photographs of your injuries
- Reports from medical experts that prove your injuries were caused by the car crash
If you have lost wages, we will gather the information necessary to justify your claim for lost wages.
If your injuries are permanent, we will gather information about the cost of future medical care and treatment as well as your claim for loss of earning capacity in the future.
When we have all this evidence, we prepare a demand package for the insurance company. We present your case to show the full extent of the damage caused by the other driver and the effect it has had on you.
Don’t Accept the Insurance Company’s Low-Ball Offer
All-too-often, insurance companies contact accident victims in the days after a car crash. They try to take advantage of you by making a low-ball offer. They think you’ll take the money because you need to pay medical bills and other expenses. Unfortunately, if you accept this offer you cannot receive other benefits in the future.
In the days after a car accident, there is no way to know how serious your injuries really are. You cannot know all the treatment you will need. The insurance company’s offer rarely considers how the car accident changed your life — your impairment, your pain and suffering, your future medical needs and expenses, and the fact that you can’t go back to work right away.
Don’t try to settle your car accident case alone. Rosen Law Group is here to help.
Personal Attention to Promote Health, Healing, and Happiness
At Rosen Law Group, we know that a car accident is stressful. That’s why we work hard to help our clients get back to the health and happiness they knew before the car accident.
When you work with Rosen Law Group, you’ll have access to your attorney. You won’t be shuffled around through a team of legal assistants and paralegals who are struggling to handle an unmanageable caseload.
The health and happiness of our clients is our main priority. We don’t encourage our clients to run up unnecessary medical bills just to increase the amount of money we can ask for. Instead, we recommend that our clients do what is best for them in consultation with their doctors and family. In the long run, that works out best for everyone.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Every year more than 3 million people are hurt in car accidents. If you were hurt in a car wreck, you need to protect yourself. Here’s what you should do:
- Check for life-threatening injuries. Ask the people in your car and the people in the other car if they were hurt.
- Call 9-1-1 and give them the information requested. If there is an emergency situation, let them know you need medical attention immediately.
- Make sure a police officer investigates the accident at the scene and does an official report. Having a police report is often important for your case.
- If the police ask you to sign something, do it. You are not admitting that you are guilty of anything.
- Get the police officers’ names.
- Get contact information for other people involved in the accident. This includes the other drivers and any passengers.
- If anyone witnessed the crash, get their names and contact information.
- Use the camera on your phone to take pictures of the scene of the accident and any damage to the cars. Try to include weather conditions, road conditions, and traffic signs.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Your insurance company may ask for a recorded statement. You should not provide a recorded statement before speaking with an attorney. Tell the insurance company you will make a statement after you speak with an attorney.
- See a doctor. Even if you don’t think you were hurt, get checked out. It may take a few days for symptoms to appear.
- Hire an attorney.
How Much Time Do You Have to Sue the Other Driver?
If you were hurt in a car accident, take care of your health first. Call an ambulance from the scene of the crash. Go to the emergency room. Follow up with your doctor. But remember — you don’t have unlimited time to hire a lawyer.
For most car accidents in Texas, you need to file suit against the other driver within two years after the accident. If you don’t, you cannot recover any money. There are some exceptions, but the sooner you contact a lawyer the better. The best practice is to have a lawyer present a professional settlement package and proposal sooner than later to hopefully resolve your claim without having to file suit. However, this is not always feasible and the sooner you know the better it is. Selecting the right attorney is the key to a fair and reasonable recovery.
The Path to Recovery Begins with Rosen Law Group
If you were injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- The costs of past and future medical care
- Lost wages and loss of future wage-earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent impairment
- Punitive damages
From our offices in Bellaire, Texas, Rosen Law Group is here to help injured victims in and around Houston, as well as the entire State of Texas. We protect your rights and fight for the compensation you and your family need and deserve.
Learn why clients choose Rosen Law Group, read testimonials from other people we have helped, and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Contact us today. Call 713-222-1502, email email@example.com, or complete our online form.